The first training sessions on the UNDP/GEF Project “Development and commercialization of bioenergy technologies in the municipal sector in Ukraine” took place
The team of trainers from the public organization “Renewable Energy Agency”, which participates in the implementation of an all-Ukrainian information and awareness campaign on the dissemination of information on the possibilities of using biomass as fuel conducted the first training sessions in the Zhytomyr district.
In December, it was planned to conduct training sessions for representatives of the agro-industrial complex and employees of state and municipal institutions in the following cities:
- Radomyshl 11.12.2017
- Korostyshiv 12.12.2017
- Popilnya 13.12.2017
- Ruzhin 14.12.2017
- Andrushivka 15.12.2017
- Brusilov 18.12.2017
All events were scheduled. Thanks to the support of rayon state administrations, information about training sessions among heads of the villages, settlements, city councils, heads of united territorial communities, farmers and representatives of agricultural enterprises was disseminated, which ensured participation of interested audiences.
People were able to get advice from qualified professionals, participate in interactive discussions and get practical guides that contain materials on the following topics:
- harvesting and processing of agricultural biomass into solid fuels;
- energy crops growing;
- legislative regulation of activity on the thermal energy production from biomass and features of tariff formation;
- preparation and implementation of projects for the biomass boiler houses construction in the municipal sector;
- provision of environmental requirements for biomass using as a fuel;
- the bank financing attraction for the realization of projects on energy efficiency and renewable energy sources in the municipal sector.
The trainers gave positive feedback on the events. Even those who already have experience in exploiting boiler-houses on biofuels or in using residues as fuel has gained new and useful information.
From February 2018 the training is scheduled to be continued in the Zhytomyr district, and during the winter-spring period, our trainers will visit other regions of Ukraine.