Change Agents for a Green Society with Focus on Renewable Energy for District Heating in Ukraine
The Renewable Energy Agency and its partners launched a project to support the transition of Ukrainian cities to the supply of renewable thermal energy to replace gas with local renewable energy sources in district heating. In 2022, we were developing plans for three cities.
Other project tasks include:
- Develop a Catalog of ecological solutions for District heating
- Analysis of waste heat and geothermal heat potentials for district heating in Ukraine
- Update the Catalog of local solutions for saving electricity and heat and for the use of RES
The following events were held within the framework of the project:
- Webinar “Heat pumps in central heating systems: how to install and how much it costs”
- Webinar “Solar Heating. Challenges and opportunities for District Heating”
Project partners: Nordic Folkecenter for Renewable Energy (Denmark), Ecoaction (Ukraine), Renewable Energy Agency (Ukraine), INFORSE-Europe (Denmark).
The project received financial support from the New Democracy Fund (Denmark).